We all use bottled water at one time or another, especially if yours is a busy lifestyle that keeps you on the go.
The problem is, too much bottled water is being consumed, and that’s terrible news for the environment. Consider the following:
- Plastic bottles begin decomposing only after 700 years
- 90% of the cost to produce bottled is the bottle itself
- 80% of plastic bottles are not recycled
- 38 million plastic bottles per year are deposited in American landfills
- It takes 24 million gallons of oil to produce a billion plastic bottles
For those occasions where bottled water is your only clean water solution, please recycle. But for just about every other clean water need, a home water filtration system is the answer. Here are two such options:
- Under sink water filters remove lead and other contaminants to prevent you from consuming them. The water tank and filter are installed under your sink and connected to a dedicated faucet, with plenty of styles available to match your current faucet.
- Whole-house water filters provide purified water from every water source in your home, including the washing machine, dishwasher, faucets, shower…even your outdoor faucets. It’s the right solution for anyone who wants nothing but “clean”.
More Benefits of Filtered Water
- Filtered water greatly reduces the risk of rectal, colon, and bladder cancer by removing chlorine and chlorine byproducts.
- Water filters are the healthiest choice for children’s developing immune systems.
- Water filters provide the last line of defense between the body and over 2,100 known toxins that found in home water supplies.
What’s more, you’ll save money on all the water bottles you’ll no longer need to buy. Just get yourself a portable, re-usable water bottle, fill it up before you leave home, and you’re ready to tackle your day. Contact CT Mechanical Solutions to learn more and a free water filtration proposal.